Thursday, January 27, 2011

"Un-United Neighborhood" sees the light of day again!

In going through boxes, I've found one of my long lost creations! During the winter of 2002, I saw a video by Jimmy Fallon about a snowball fight and was inspired to create a comic strip about our world leaders settling their disputes with a snowball fight of their own. That idea grew into the comic strip, "Un-United Neighborhood". The original version of the strip was sent to the major comic syndicates, meeting rejection from them all but the Washington Post. The editor of The Post sent me a letter back, giving suggestions on how to fix the strip to better meet their syndication needs. For various factors, I chose not to change the strip for the possibility (their offer was not a definite) of syndication. A year later, I decided to change the strip up a little, but did not like the result. In 2006, I pulled out the strip once again for one more attempt at comic strip super stardom! Due to some major changes in my personal life, I never sent the final version of the strip out and eventually the strip was filed away. The strips below are apart of the final set of the comic. Over the course of the next few weeks, I will publish all of the remaining strips from the final set. Hope you all enjoy!


0 comments:

Post a Comment